The Italian company, ATK Bindings, has been taking the tech-binding world by storm. And in this first podcast that the brand has ever done, I spoke with ATK CEO (and the son of the founder of ATK and one of ATK’s chief product testers), Davide Indulti, about the surprising origins of this family-owned business in Fiorano Modenese; a pivotal moment in ATK’s history; where they saw the biggest opportunities to improve tech bindings; and more.
And then next week, we are going to run the 2nd half of my conversation with Davide, where he and I dive deep into the details of ATK’s current product lineup; discuss the different features of their various models; and get a sneak peek of what’s next.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- ATK, Ferrari, & the family business (2:18)
- Decisive moment in ATK’s history (15:02)
- Room to improve tech bindings? (22:00)
- 2010 RT binding (33:49)
- “Performing through lightness” (36:55)
- What We’re Celebrating (49:28)